Schedule an appointment
Starting on September 1st, the South Boston and the Halifax Library will start taking appointments for the following services:
- Computer use
The appointments must be made by phone. Call the desired branch to see the available times and dates. No walk-ups allowed.
South Boston: 434-575-4228
– Customers will be able to make appointments to use computers at both branches on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
– Each branch will have two computers for use.
– Appointment times will have a 1-hour duration with no more than a ten-minute extension.
– Appointment times at both branches will be 1-2 pm, 2:30-3:30 pm and 4-5 pm.
– One person per computer. No friends or family will be allowed.
– Printing will be available.
– Tutors will be able to make appointments to come to the library and meet with students at both branches on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
– Appointment times will have a 90-minutes duration with no extension. Appointment times at both branches will be 12-1:30 pm, 2-3:30 pm, and 4-5:30 pm.
– Only one tutor and one student are allowed One table at each branch with two chairs.
Copies and faxes
– Faxing and photocopying will be done Mondays to Fridays at both branches by appointment only.
– Appointments are available every half hour from 1-5 pm.
– Only one person is allowed to comes in to make a copy or send a fax.
– Max of 10 pages copied and 10 pages faxed per appointment.
– Payments for printouts, copies, and faxing will be accepted in cash or a check if the person has a library account. We will not accept any bills larger than a $20. Exact change is preferred.