CODE OF BEHAVIOR POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all patrons of the library find both library facilities to be safe, inviting, comfortable, and pleasant places to visit. Respect for the rights of all library users is the foundation of this policy.
The following behaviors are prohibited in the libraries and on library property:
* Any behavior that is disruptive to the environment of the library, which impedes upon the duties of library staff, or that is a violation of local, state, or federal laws or ordinances.
* Use of portable music players, televisions, or video game systems without headphones, except as provided by the library or with permission from library staff.
* Use of cell phones except in the public computer areas. Cell phone conversations should be kept to a low volume.
* Bringing food or drinks into the library, except drinks covered with a lid or cap. Drinks must be kept away from computers and other electronic equipment.
* Excessive public displays of affection.
* Intruding on the privacy of other library patrons, including campaigning, petitioning, proselytizing, panhandling, or selling.
* Sleeping in the library.
* Bringing animals into the library other than service or assistance animals, animals used by law enforcement, or animals participating in a library program or event.
* Use of tobacco products, including electronic smoking devices, in the library or in front of the library entrance.
* Lack of proper attire, including shirt and shoes.
Anyone violating any part of this policy will be asked by library staff to comply with the policy. If compliance is not forthcoming then the individual will be told to leave the library. Serious violations may result in immediate expulsion from the library, the individual being barred from returning to the library, and the involvement of law enforcement. Criminal acts which take place in the library or on library property will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees 03/11/2014